Monday, November 08, 2010

The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen - Syrie James


The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen - Syrie James (2007)

The last book I read in Jane Austens style, trying to recreate her special style bombed for me, which was a pain, as I waited weeks for the library reserve to come through. This one though, well I enjoyed it. For me I loved hearing about how Janes own life influenced so many of her characters.

Really you do wonder, how a poorish spinster who lives with her mother and sister manages to create a world of characters, who are still funny and smart today, two hundred years later.

One of the few books that I have read recently, that I might have wished was longer!! 4/5

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Thanks for heads up - will put it on my list of to reads.

Love Leanne

GRAÇA said...

I come to invite you for going to my blog and have participated in my 1st miaumiau luck .. would love ...
Ronrons of
Kika