Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mad Men 3


Mad Men 3 - DVD (2009)

Le sigh, I have all caught up on the mad men DVD series. Secretly I love the stylish decors and fashions, and of course we all love the Don. Don celebrates a manliness that is appealing in a Hollywood that seems to full of manboys, you know the male actors who are 40ish and act 20, and also have the flabbiness of your brothers unemployed friend.

There is also a part of me that hates the sexist attitudes, the racism and the snobbishness that seem to be prelevant in the portrayed era. Still it does a great job of showing the secrets stewing underneath the picture perfect surface.

So I have to give in now, and stop with the DVD series, they sure are a big time suck. Time to knuckle down to packing, and start some new series in 2011.

4/5 - and I can't wait for a new series. If only for the motor mower episode - classic.

No comments: