Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lessons in Letting Go - Corrine Grant

Lessons in Letting Go - Corrine Grant (2010) Good on Corrine Grant for confessing to her horder tendancies. Living in her twenties and thirties surrounded by stuff from her younger years, she suddenly finds herself oppressed by everything stuffed in the cupboards and behind the television. After moving myself recently, and having to throw out so much stuff, I am determined to keep control of what I have. Not having too many books, cds and clothes, keeping it under control, which is hard. I let go of the teenage stuff a long time ago, and are getting better about passing things onto the Cancer Society shops. There are only so many fridge magnets and key rings one girl needs. 4/5 - I am inspired by her story and loved her scale of hording at the beginning of the book.

1 comment:

Pia K said...

i fear i can relate to this... too much stuff in my life, or just too much un-organized stuff. it's such a relief when you managed to either throw away or give away to charity. i'm alos thinking i should sell quite a lot of decent things, but i always end up thinking it's such a lot of work taking, pictures, listing and such...

but i really try and be careful with what i buy these days, i like it too be useful stuff or sweet stuff that really makes me happy. otherwise, i stay away.