Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Harry Brown


Harry Brown - DVD (2009)

I couldn't decide if I was in the right frame of mind for this one, and I must say that I probably didn't do it justice because I watched the last half in fast forward mode. The word that comes to mind is grim, and I am not sure that is exactly what I am looking forward to in my entertainment. It does make think about what I want a movie to be, and it's not all cute puppies and skipping in rainbows, but I'm a bit over the overly dark or the car chases, and totally done with the manboys and their toilet humor.

A retired marine, Harry Brown (Michael Caine) is feeling trapped in his tower block as hooligans rule the roost, abusing and attacking other residents making the area unsafe for all. When his best friend is murdered, he seeks out the youths involved, and as you can imagine - bloodshed is involved.

Michael Caine is tops, he made the first half worth watching anyway and maybe at another time I would have had the ability to sit and watch the whole thing.

2/5

No comments: