Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dolci Di Love - Sarah-Kate Lynch

















Dolci Di Love - Sarah-Kate Lynch (2011)

Sarah-Kate is a Kiwi author who writes international stories. Somehow I find it difficult to read many New Zealand orientated novels.  I do admit to owning a few of her earlier stories, but they are on my bookshelf unread and this is the first one I have dived into.

  Lily is a Manhattan busy working wife who finds out her husband seems to have another life in a small Italian village, and so after a night of drinking finds herself living in a small room above a cookie shop run by two old widows.  As life slows down, she begins to enjoy life more.

A bit of chick lit escapism was just what I needed at the moment.  I was a bit puzzled, as in most of these stories about how easily people seem to be able to walk away from their old lifes.  We all feel like doing it, but with mortgages and bills to pay , it would be hard.  Maybe we don't earn enough in NZ, I think I'd need some dollars in the bank, and then I'll escape to Italy too.  3.5/5

No comments: