Sunday, July 03, 2011

Stories I Only Tell My Friends - Rob Lowe

















Stories I Only Tell My Friends - Rob Lowe (2011)

I see that Rob Lowe has been dragged out onto every US talk show to promote his new biography.  Us ladies of a certain age need no introduction, as he was in so many movies and mags in the 80s with his dream boy looks. 

I wasn't expecting much of this book, but was pleasantly surprised.  He had a modern childhood with a depressed mother, and a couple of stepdads, moving houses and running around the neighbourhood with other tv/movie celebs.  He tells us about a lot of girls without it being too sleazy, and that is balanced out with the long marriage with his wife and two young boys.  The insights into the West Wing were interesting, and it didn't seem the same after he left.

So it was a quick read, but I did enjoy it more than I expected - 4/5.

2 comments:

Teddy Westlife said...

I've been meaning to read this one. Of course I remember Rob Lowe from his glory days in the 80s :)

Have you read BossyPants by Tina Fey? I really enjoyed that, and of course my favourite biography from last year was I Am Ozzy by Ozzy Osbourne.

Tracey

Pia K said...

i rarely read biographies, but oh i was a great fan of rob lowe too:) it's nice to see him playing other roles lately (he seemingly disappeared from the movie scene for some years), really enjoyed him in "west wing".