Sunday, May 03, 2015

X + Y

Aww I like a little British feel good movie, a growing up tale and this one I thought was very well done.  It is the story of Nathan, a teenage boy - on the spectrum, that has trouble connecting with his mother and most other people, and being generally socially awkward. After witnessing his fathers death, he is finding it hard to bond with his mother, and she herself is lonely and struggling. With an aptitude for maths, he joins several other boys and girls on a training camp in Taiwan.  Here he finds himself making friendships for the first time.

I took my teenage nephew to this movie and he enjoyed it too, it made us smile.  Maybe it was a bit predictable but I still liked its characters and like this gritty and realistic style of story telling.  4/5

No comments: