Sunday, September 04, 2016

Dad's Army

Last night was a middle aged lady night on the couch - so this was the movie I chose to stream.  I did enjoy the original series, but I was just a youngster when it was on in the 70's.  I really wanted to love this one, but in the end I was a little bit on the bored side.  10/10 for the casting crew, they did a pretty good job of casting a gang of guys who brought back the feel of the original cast, however they were not helped by a lack luster predictable script.  For me it had no sparkle and although there were a couple of sniggers I felt the lack of a good belly laugh.  Sadly I feel it is a 2/5 for me.

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

Unfortunately, that's often the way with sit-coms made into movies. What works on television doesn't always translate to the big screen.