Tuesday, May 23, 2017

#Girlboss - Sophia Amoruso



Well I don't know about this one.  The author says it is not a memoir or a how to book, but then proceeds to tell you about her life and how she set up her business.

Always being a bit of a rebel, she sets herself up selling vintage clothes on ebay making it into a multi million dollar business before she is thirty.  With no college education or business background she was motivated and worked really hard to look after her customers and increase sales.

You have to admire someone who can build this big a business without any debt.  She does also offer some good advice about how to do a good interview, how to succeed as an employee.

I wasn't so hot on the chapters when she talked about how she ripped people off and shoplifter to get money.  And somehow I was left with the impression like I was getting shouted at while I was reading. 3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

She sounds ruthless rather than rebellious. I've found that people like to call themselves rebels when what they often are, are jerks.