Sunday, September 02, 2018

Little Fires Everywhere - Celeste Ng

This is the story about the Richardsons, a family with four kids living the average life in 1990's Shaker Heights Ohio, when Mia and her daughter Pearl arrive in town, and move into their rental things beginning to shift and change.   A bit of a slow starter for me, I kept thinking as I read this one that everyone has a story to tell, and what we do and say ripples across many other people.

I did feel a bit confused, not really knowing whether I was reading an adult book or one aimed at young adults, as much of the story focused on the kids Trip, Moody, Lexi, Izzy and Pearl.  3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

One wonders how some books become best-sellers. But I guess just because it sells well doesn't mean it is read much.