Friday, November 08, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night Double Feature - King of Thieves + The Mule


This middle lady is blowing out the internet budget this week, watching 2x movies tonight.  It was blowing a gale out there, and it is easier to sit at home on the couch in comfy clothes and spend little to no dollars on entertainment.  Yes - I have turned into my father quicker than I expected.

King of Thieves is a British film based on the Hatton St safe deposit burglary that occurred in 2015.   Led by Michael Caine, it is a distinguished group of actors all of whom I had to google as I was surprised at their ages and how old they looked in the movie.  I liked that it was kept mainly serious, and there was no need to make this heist film a caper, like so many of the ones that have come out recently.  A solid 4/5.

The Mule - well I have to say it is pretty amazing to think that Clint Eastwood plays the main character, and directed and produced this film at 89 years old.   It too is based on a true life story of a simple flower grower, who after threats to foreclose on his home, takes on a job of delivering drugs.  Passing unsuspected across borders, he manages to make several runs, all increasing in value each time, but little does he realize that the DEA are on his tail.  It is somewhat of a quiet movie, but I just felt like telling Clint that he looked tired, and in need of a good long rest on a lazyboy with his feet up.  I guess that is not really in his nature, and one has to admire his work ethic.  4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

There's no retirement for any of these actors, is there?