Thursday, November 07, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Second Act

Because I am middle aged and becoming rather stingy, the thought of wasting 99c by missing out on watching my apple itunes specials appalled me.  So I buckled in and ate my dinner, while watching this Jennifer Lopez vehicle Second Act.  While I get its heart of gold, working girl vibe, it was a pretty lame effort.  Jennifer Lopez plays Maya Vargas, an assistant manager at a value shop who gets looked over for promotion and the job is given to someone with a college degree.  So she looks elsewhere for new work, and due to some social media assistance lands a big job with a beauty company.

It is one of those movies, that seems to wrap up all the cliches from other movies without having much charm or wit of its own.  I wanted to like it, I was in the mood for a bit of feel good fun, but it all came over a bit flat for me.  2/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It sounds like one of those movies in which everything falls perfectly into place for the main character, with very little trouble or fuss.