Saturday, November 16, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Gloria Bell

OMG I feel special.  A movie targeted at me - a middle aged lady.  I'm too old for super heroes and car chases, and as I'm not a pensioner yet I'm not really that enthralled with the grey parade of pensioners that are wheeled out to grab the grey dollar.  I am that forgotten customer, the middle aged lady. 

Gloria played by Julianne Moore,  is in her fifties, divorced and still working while dealing with her young adult children who are getting on with their lives without her.  She spends her weekends getting dressed up and going out to dance to old tunes.   She meets Arnold, but he comes with his own baggage and things aren't too dreamy and smooth. 

Look, it was quiet and at times made me a bit sad, but it was saved by the luminous Julianne Moore, and the soundtrack that makes me think it is worth a 4/5.

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It's nice to find a movie aimed at you, isn't it? I think that's why I like old movies, from the 1940s and '50s, when the cinematic audience was principally adult.