Thursday, December 19, 2019

Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker

Summer seems to have skipped us at the moment, and it was a windy overcast day and by early evening it had started spitting.  So a winter jacket was grabbed and I headed to the cinema to see the final Star Wars Movie - The Rise of Skywalker.  Friends had tickets for a special opening day event so it was nice to join them.  I won't give away the plot, if you've seen other movies in the series you know what you are in for anyway, lots of running, looking serious, good vs evil, a few guns, a couple of light sabres, a few slugs and lots and lots of CGI.  I also often thought that this new movie making has introduced a lot of politically correct characters, and that the white male is now portrayed as the bad guys in this movie.  How far we have almost come.

It was ok, I wasn't particularly moved and it all was a bit flat for me.  The story was pretty simple to follow this time, and it did circle back to encompass earlier movies which was nice.  I think for me the best part was that I got to see the movie in the same cinema that  I saw the first film in 1977 as a 9 year old with my parents.  3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

The first in the new series of movies struck me as nothing more than a remake of the original, and I lost interest quickly. Now it, and the super-hero movies, are just a big money-making franchise.