Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl

The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)

I have just got home from this movie, and I must say I enjoyed it and will give it a 4/5 straight away. I thought both Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman did a good job, I didn't once manage to cringe at the accents and they certainly looked the part. Eric Bana, seemed a bit frustrated or constipated the whole movie, but he takes his shirt off - so he's not too bad either.

Although the purists will say some liberties have been taken with historical facts, it's only a 2 hour movie - and I enjoyed it and wasn't disappointed. I loved the book when I read it a few years ago, more because the author has a compelling way of writing that lets you speed along and makes a quick and exciting read. We all know how the book and the movie will end, no surprises there.

Worth seeing for the sumptuous costumes alone. Take a girlfriend, leave the boys at home, grab a big popcorn and enjoy.

No comments: