Sunday, May 02, 2010

Good


Good - DVD (2008)

Oh my gosh, this was soooo not good. In any way. I found the whole jumble a bit false and pretentious, poorly written, acted and directed. I guess the point of it was to show how a normal man, with good intentions ends up being sucked in and how everything can change in your life.

Viggo Mortenson plays John Halder, a German literature professor who finds himself becoming involved with the Nazi Party. He also has to deal with an aging mother, a new wife and a best friend who is Jewish. Trying to help everybody out makes him confront his beliefs and leads him on a new path.

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas did a better job of explaining a similar type story. So I am sorry, Viggo and all - it has to be a 0/5 from me. I'd rather sit through 6 hours of mind numbing golf or snooker on TV, than watch this one again.

No comments: