Monday, May 17, 2010

Music Monday - The Cranberries

Lately I have been annoyed with the radio stations I usually listen to. They pump out the same song over and over, and even though I only usually have the radio on for about forty minutes, 3 mornings a week, it has become tedious and repetitive.

So, I have switched over to a classic hits station, and tonight while making the bed, I switched the radio on. This song came on. I LOVED the Cranberries, and their music was on the hit charts while I lived in London 1993-1995, so the songs got a thrashing. On one trip from London to Scotland, I must have made my friends play the cds over and over, at least forty times, and all while I was probably singing in the back seat. My friends, I am sorry. For my singing, and for not having a bigger cd collection.

So it has been a few years since I played my collection, but I think it is time to dust the covers off and relive my mispent twenties. Ohh, and I did manage to see them in concert, which I have a wee recollection of it being sunny and in the middle of the afternoon, and me singing along and then the cider memories take over, and it's all gone. Damn you strong UK cider.

No comments: