Friday, February 17, 2012

L'Amour Fou

L'Amour Fou - DVD (2011)

I was at the hairdresser getting my grey strands turned blonde, then dunked back to basic brown, and paying half my pay for the privelidge, when I read about this little movie.  It didn't say much but I was intrigued.

I hunted it down at the library, and took it home and watched it last night after an evening shift.  It is a documentry both about the relationship between Yves Saint Laurent and his partner of over fifty years, Pierre Berge, and the breakup of their collection of art and posessions from their Parisian apartment.

With a vast collection of old photos and film, it was beautiful and stylish and made you want to be a model in Paris in the 60s.  So many iconic dresses and outfits that we have seen through shows and magazines, look wonderful in context.

A sweet and tender love story is shown too, how they both worked and lived together from when they first met when YSL was a shy young 21 year old promising designer until his death.  Another great movie for the fashionistas in the family - 3/5.

No comments: