Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Poison Tree - Erin Kelly

The Poison Tree - Erin Kelly (2010)

So I spied this one in the depths of blogland reading and thought I would give it a go.  College student meets new friends, at the end of the summer two people end up dead.

I know that all novels are made up, but this for me seemed a bit cliched and made up, and I felt that I was dragged through the story waiting for something to happen.  I didn't really like the main character, which seemed the main issue, she was a bit boring, and the best friend and her brother seemed to lack any sparkle also.

It didn't really hold any surprises, as you knew that somebody was going to die, it wasn't hard to figure out who might go.

I wanted to like it more, so I'm going to have to go with a 2/5.

No comments: