Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Handmaids Tale

Ohhh I have just started this one and am enjoying it.  Ever since I read Margaret Atwoods stunning book in the 1980s it is one of those stories that stays with you.

 After a change in society, infertility has become the norm.   Young women who are fertile are forced into families of wealth and connection where they are used as vessels to breed.

  I am only on episode one, but this  version is dark and ominous.  Elizabeth Moss is mesmerizing in the lead role.  If I weren't soon tired I would have been tempted to stay up all night and binge watch.  Luckily there are a few rainy spring days forecast so I can stay inside and binge.

2 comments:

John Bellen said...

I saw the movie when it came out, and thought it very interesting and well-acted. I like mini-series, though, as more time can be spent on the story, and less cut out.

sallyhicks said...

Would really like to watch that. I used to enjoy Margaret Atwood at varsity. Will have to see how my iPad goes. I watched Ruth Randall till 4am a few nights ago. Not a good idea for when you wake up 😳