Monday, November 27, 2017

Before I Go To Sleep

Ironically I did nod off watching this one on the couch.  At 99c on special at iTunes it wasn't a great loss to miss some of the middle of the story.  So Nicole Kidmans character who  has amnesia, wakes up each morning beside her husband Ben with no memory of the night before.  With help from her doctor she tries to figure out how she can be reminded about what has happened earlier to her.  Not is all as it seems of course, and she tries to figure out how she lost her memory and the suspicions she has about her husband.

I thought I would love it - Colin Firth, Mark Strong are all good actors - Nicole Kidman is a bit meh for me but she can still carry a film.  I couldn't help but feel that if I were waking up next to Colin Firth each morning, I would be happy.  Not having to go to work and swanning round in the big house would be cool too.  Colour me jealous, but I would have made the most of it, rather than being all morose and moody.

So it is a sad 2/5 from me.

2 comments:

sallyhicks said...

That's sounds such an intriguing film even with your low rating I will get it. I do like a good mystery. Might l be awhile but will let you know what I thought,

John Bellen said...

I saw this one some time ago (I think it's the 78th film with both Firth and Strong in it). I thought it was adequate; a good entertainment. But amnesia movies are like mysteries in which a long-lost sibling is mentioned at the beginning: you know something is going to come of it. So it has to be something unexpected to capture my attention.