Sunday, November 12, 2017

Blue Planet 2

Oh Blue Planet 2 - you blew my mind tonight.  With your beautiful soothing blue oceans and graceful  critters gliding around.  I never knew there was a fish who could use a tool to open clams - mind blown.  Fish that can track birds, and leap up and catch them - boom - mind blown again.  Beautiful scenes off the New Zealand coast of dolphins and whales gathering together and appearing to communicate and play together - boom, boom,boom.

David Attenborough is a treasure too - the real voice of the series and he makes even the most harrowing scenes palatable.  I'm the girl who wasn't allowed to watch Lassie as a child, as it upset me too  much, and so I find scenes where animals are starving or hunting others a bit hard to watch.  So I hope it is playing for you soon.

2 comments:

John Bellen said...

I don't know if I'd want to see a fish use tools. It'd put me off eating fish, I think. But very interesting. What is its name?

sallyhicks said...

David attenburgh is my hero. What a great man to have given us such an insight to life.. I only watched one Lassie film and cried so much I never went to any others.