Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Founder

Finally the wifi at home is working better, so I can catch up on a few shows and watch more movies while at home.  There is not much to watch on free television, so it is a treat to be able to stream a few things here and there.   The Founder was a 99c special on apple iTunes a couple of weeks ago, so it was time to watch it before it expired.

It is the story of Ray Kroc one of the founders of the McDonalds chain of  fast food restaurants.  Its an interesting story, but I can't really say I enjoyed it.  Ray seemed to have spent his time ripping off the original McDonalds founders brothers Maurice and Richard.  He seemed to undermine them at every turn, and ended up mega rich, while the brothers were forced to close and were not legally entitled to the money that had been promised to them.  His sneaky business tactics did not make me like him, and in the end I became a bit bored with this movie.  2/5

2 comments:

sallyhicks said...

Sounds an unpleasant story about a most unpleasant person. Thank you for the review. One not to read. Isn't it disappointing when you start with hope of emercing yourself with a hopefullly really good read and end up with a dud.

John Bellen said...

A good review. I'm not much interested in movies about unlikeable people. I am glad for Michael Keaton, though, and his continued comeback.