Sunday, July 07, 2019

Camino Skies

Camino Skies is a New Zealand made film about a small group of mainly New Zealanders walking the Camino de Santiago across France and Spain.  Walking for a variety of reasons, this documentary shows the hardships of walking the 800kms  pilgrims path, and the beauty of the scenery surrounding it.  The main part of the movie though is about the relationships of the people walking and their reasons for being there.

I have seen a few movies and tv series about this walk, so there were no great surprises for me in this movie.  I think that I feel I don't need to walk to so far to find myself, that I am there for figuring out wherever I am and I don't need a passport to do that.  4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I think I would have preferred the story to be about the route, rather than the people.