Monday, July 01, 2019

Music Monday - Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits



I walked into a small  shop on Saturday and this song was playing loud.  I had looked at everything I wanted to look at, but stayed  and pretended to still be browsing while the song played, singing along quietly.  The past couple of days I have found myself singing it  over and over. 

I looked it up on youtube tonight and found it had this horrendous video from 1980.  It is such a shame, as it is truly a beautiful song that still sounds ok almost forty years later.  I was never a fan of Dire Straits, and have never owned CDs from this band,  but have a soft spot for a couple of their songs.

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I have songs stuck in my head from hearing them over the 'muzak' system, too. Usually, they aren't good ones.