Thursday, July 04, 2019

I Will Keep You Alive - Bob & Adele Levin

I picked this one of the shelves at our local library and consumed it in one day.  It is the true story of Lawyer Bob Levin, and his journey as a cardiovascular patient.   Suffering two cardiac arrests, 7 cardiac  stents inserted and valve replacement surgery we join him and his wife on his journey and recovery.  All I could think of as I read this was how lucky he was to have survived as we was close to dying on several occasions. 

It is also an interesting look at the inside of the American health system, and it seems that Bob got great care and attention - one wonders at the cost of that.  Luckily here that sort of acute care would be all free on the public system.  4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

As a lawyer, he probably had plenty of money to buy good medical care. Poorer people would have died long before, I imagine.