Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Once More We Saw Stars - Jayson Greene

What an amazing, tragic,  scary but beautiful book.   Greta is only two, and has gone to stay with her grandmother.  While sitting on the street she is tragically killed, and her death changes her grandmother and parents.  Written by her father, this book is a loving tribute to the love that they all have shared with Greta and how her loss impacts them. 

It is amazing that her parents didn't just collapse and disappear into their grief and you have to admire her father for being able to sit down and write such a wonderful book.  I don't know though if I were a parent if I would be able to read it.  I was left though with an overwhelming feeling of even though I am sad that I have lost family members, that my life was made better by having time together with them.  From the first to the last chapter this will be one of my favorites of the year. 5/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

Losing a child - at whatever age - must be the worst that a parent can endure. And in the old days, when child mortality was high, it was much more common.