Sunday, June 30, 2019

Yesterday

I had seen the clips for this one being advertised months ago, so was quite excited to see it, enough so to buy a ticket at the cinema on the opening weekend.  Jack is a singer songwriter without much success, with the only fans being his friends.  Then one night, a blackout causes an accident and Jack finds himself in a world where he has enormous success.

I won't give too much away, you can watch the trailer and guess it all anyway.  This is from the Richard Curtis camp, and has the right amount of British humor and charm that I hope it finds a good audience.  Certainly at the movie theater I was at there was a mix of ages and most people laughed throughout.  I think there seems to have been a spate of serious heavy drama round lately, that is nice to be amused and entertained.  I have to give it a 4.5/5 as I know I will end up watching this one again.

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It sounds like a silly premise - even the poster gives it away - but silly can be fun and charming, as it seems to be in this case.