Saturday, January 18, 2020

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Mission Impossible Fallout

I know that I sound old when I remember going to the cinema to see the first Mission Impossible movie in 1996 when it was new and original.  This one, the latest in the series follows on in what to me has become a tired and boring formula.  Watch Tom run, watch him jump, hang from a rope, drive a car fast, drive a truck fast, drive a car fast, jump out of a plane, fly a helicopter (that is kind of impressive), and have him look constipated for half of the movie.  I don't know, he just kind of looked a bit tired to me, and I wanted to get someone to bring him a chair so he could sit down.

In the end I ended up browsing the internet half way through and got a bit muddled up with who the good guys were, and who the baddies are.   I wonder if he will keep playing the super spy as he nears retirement, or in a wheelchair.  Those knees and ankles have got to be hurting now.  2/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

This one I didn't mind; I preferred it to other recent entries in the series. But this has been going on for twenty-two years? Maybe Cruise and Liam Neeson from the "Taken" series will get together and have a retirement home covert-action team...