Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Ghost Writer


The Ghost Writer (2010)
Since Kevin McCloud, my secret boyfriend went off in a huff on his ground tour, and only bought me back a big round of smelly cheese, the position has been vacant, but oh so recently filled by Ewan McGregor.
He has been busy, running around helping out in this movie. Taken on to the be the ghost writer of a biography for the ex Prime Minister of the UK, who is now based in the US, we find Mr McG getting more involved in this thriller as he digs deeper in the PMs past. Suave old Pierce plays a charasmatic but troubled politician, who is being brought on trial for being involved with the torture of prisoners while in charge of the country.
So a very adult of thrillers, that I am sure the teenagers will hate, but I think that Hollywood is taking notice of the amount of oldies who have enjoyed the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and are trying to appeal to a growing older and more sophisticated audience, certainly ones with more than a 12 year old boys sense of humour. 4/5
P.S - yes we did go to 3 movies today. Yes my bottom is a bit sore, and I have made sure to stretch the legs to avoid the DVTs.

No comments: