Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Your Sister's Sister (2011)

Oh happy hipsters, dig out your flannel shirts, and black rimmed glasses, bring your sensitive sad boyfriend in his skinny jeans, floppy hair and converse sneakers.  Grab some popcorn and an organic coffee and you are ready to head to see this movie.

You sort of know the story.  Sad sweet friend (who is a boy), is sent by his sweet best friend (who is a girl) off to the family holiday home to regroup and recover.  Lesbian sister is there with a bottle of tequila. Sweet sister turns up with a bag of groceries and lots of baggage.

Without giving too much away, at first I was a bit annoyed by the mostly improvised dialogue (I guess), it seemed a bit lazy and felt like it was going nowhere.  Somewhere half way through though I was charmed by the characters, and thought that they did a good job of being likeable.  I have been a bit over characters full of angst.

It's a 3.5/5 from me.  I know my besties would kind of like it, and it did have the best ending I have seen in a while.


No comments: