Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Italian Wife - Kate Furnivall

I have been reading a bit lately, but have fallen behind in the posting, so it is time to do a little catch up, just in case you think that I may have been on holiday, reclining on a beach lounger reading like a maniac.  The truth of the matter is that I have been crazy busy at work, tired and run down, and blogging has lost out to sleep in the past week or two.

The Italian Wife is a wartime story about  architect Isabella Berotti, a young widow whose life is changed when she is approached by a woman and her daughter as she sits and drinks her morning coffee. All in her life is about to change as the war begins to swirl around them, and Isabella is now not sure who to trust to keep her safe.

I did enjoy the unique war story and it was nice that the story was only about Isabella, and not interrupted by a modern narrative, as I am tiring of that form of storytelling. 3/5

No comments: