Monday, October 17, 2016

Music Monday - Girls On Film - Duran Duran



I have to confess that I was a 80's child, dancing away my late teenage years and loving the music although I was only 13 when this came out in 1981 - so long ago now.  This week I have been binge watching Brief Encounters a UK 6 episode series about some women in the 1980s who gain confidence and independence once they start working selling Ann Summers underwear and marital aids at home parties.    The show has a great 80s soundtrace and I love that they have done a realistic representation of 1980s fashion, that looks like clothes and hairstyles that we loved, as so many shows go overboard with the neon/wham/crop top stuff, that real women weren't wearing.  This looks like they have gone to the op shops and found the real deal.

So I loved this little show - it has the feal good factor much like the Real Monty, with great British characters, a shame it has only the one series.  I wish there were more.

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

Though I am older than you by a bit, according to your statistics here, my favourite sound-period is the late '80s. But the whole decade was good for me. Ah, where did it go...