Sunday, June 25, 2017

Another Middle Aged Lady Night In

It's another night on the couch tonight here in the middle of winter and I felt like watching something to cheer me up.  Wouldn't you know it, but Forrest Gump is on free TV, and as its been a while I thought I would sit down and watch it.

How can it be 23 years since it came out? That blows my mind and my middle aged lady brain has no recollection of when I first saw it, if I went to the cinema or waited until it was on poor peoples tv.  I was living in London at the time, and they were my partying years, so there us plenty I don't remember.

So Tom Hanks looks so young and fit and still seems so perfect in the role. Especially when you know he is such a smart and articulate chap in real life, he brings a sense of wisdom and vulnerability to Forrest.  The movie still holds up now- a modern classic that is easy to watch over and over. I so wish there was more of this smart intelligent comedy around, instead of the dull formulaic fodder that is being pumped out of Hollywood currently (we watched Pitch Perfect 2) last night.

5/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

Hanks was definitely at his best in this movie.