Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Post Mortems - Carla Valentine

Carla Valentine has written an interesting biography about her career working mainly as a mortuary technician.  If you ever were intrigued about what goes on in the mortuary, then this is the book for you.

Since a young age Carla had an obsession with burials and pet funerals and it is interesting to read about her career working in various departments.  I would worry that doing the same job, that the bodies would haunt my dreams too much.  That it would be too much sadness day in and day out. 4/5

2 comments:

John Bellen said...

I thought once about such a job, and even applied for one, though I didn't get it. I always think that, though it is a sad job in many ways, it is also a chance to give dignity and respect to someone who has departed life, perhaps the last chance for him to receive these salutes from a fellow human being.

sallyhicks said...

When I was a teenager I would have enjoyed that. I read everything I could get my hands on but now I don't think it would be my cup of tea. Just watching 'the shell seekers. I think the older you get the more you feel like stuff that makes you feel good.