Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Into The Water - Paula Hawkins

I had to stop reading this one.  I wanted to end it at page 50, but percivered until page 200 and it wasn't getting any better, so I finally set it aside.  The multiple viewpoints and shifting time periods made it too hard to follow the story and I failed to connect with any of the characters telling their stories.

I get that they were all connected to the river, a place where women went to end their lives or to be killed.  I could see where the story was heading to but it just dragged for me.  1/5.

2 comments:

sallyhicks said...

Congrats. For going that far in. Sounds awful. How do these books get published. Reading the title I thought of author minnette waters. Years ago I enjoyed the dark room. Have you read it? The film was disappointing,

John Bellen said...

I'm surprised at the mediocrity that gets published, especially considering that books are so expensive to produce these days.