Sunday, August 05, 2018

Bono - Helen Brown

With a bad bout of flu confining me to bed, this was the perfect read when my cough was keeping me and my own cat awake all night (she fled to sleep on the couch to escape my annoying her).  Helen Brown is the author of Cleo, her book about another little cat that came into her life and helped her through the grief of losing her young son, and through many changes in her life. 

In this book, she decides to make a bit of a new change decades on, by escaping life in Melbourne and spending a month in New York. Her editor suggests while she is there that she foster a shelter cat and then write about that experience.  Joined initially by her daughter, they take on the worldwind that is Bono, a highly strung black cat that spends most of his time under the bed at the studio flat they have rented.

What is unexpected for Helen, and maybe for the reader is the deep connection that she finds with this little cat, and anyone that enjoys time with their own cats and dogs should enjoy this light read. 5/5

2 comments:

sallyhicks said...

Sounds just like the thing for a nice few hours of escapism.
Did you get the flu shot ?
If not why you feel so bad for you.
Take care, so many people love you and poppy.
💐 🌹 🌷 🥀. 🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋

John Bellen said...

I don't think I could foster a cat for just a month...