Thursday, August 30, 2018

Happily Ever Esther - Steve Jenkins, Derek Walter and Caprice Cane

I had never heard of Esther the Wonder pig until I found this book staring at me from the library shelves.  Apparently it is the second book, that tells how her two fathers, after realizing that she is indeed getting too big for their suburban house,  decide to move to rural Canada, buy some land and set up a pet sanctuary. 

Part of the story are amusing, and I had to admire their determination to look after so many animals that had been abandoned, and it made me want to pack in my job and do the same.  I did find some of it a bit bitchy and wondered if they should have just stayed quiet on their opinions about some of their helpers.  A quick light read it did make me go and look at Esthers Instagram posts.  3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It sounds like one part of the book threw off the others, and they should have chosen the sort of story they were going for.