Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Last Black Unicorn - Tiffany Haddish

Now I don't know much about Tiffany Haddish except for a few interviews I have seen on television shows with her, and as a comedian she is smart and funny and seems to be able to hold her own.  She seems young to be bringing out her memoirs, but that seems to be the way it is nowdays.  She has a tough upbringing, with a mum who had a bad accident when Tiffany was young, often leaving her in charge of younger siblings, and then having to negotiate her way through foster care and battle it out with LA judges.

The main stories in this book though center around her struggles with a dodgy ex boyfriend and she is pretty blunt and graphic about some of theses goings on.  At times I admired her ability to get herself together but there were moments when she annoyed me, that she couldn't see the obvious ways she allowed herself to get used and sometimes her behavior towards other people was a bit disappointing.  Still she had it pretty tough, going from foster home, to living out of her car to starring in movies and being interviewed on late night television shows.  She is certainly an ambitious woman who has worked hard to earn her chance in the spotlight. 3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I've never heard of her. I think I'll wait until she's at least 25 before learning all about her life...