Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Meet the Frugalwoods - Elizabeth Willard Thames

This is the story based on a blog, of Elizabeth and her husband Nate who decide to go frugal so that they can live the life they want to.  Hats off to them, I don't know if I could  give up as much as they did to get their goals.  Even in a low paying job living in New York, Elizabeth was able to save money as an intern sharing a grotty flat. 

I do watch a few home reno programs from the US and it seems to me that is possible in many towns and cities to buy an affordable home, and  it is not too hard to see how people can decide to opt out of the rat race moving to somewhere rural.  I am not sure if the country dream is for me, but I do enjoy reading others who do make the transition.  3/5

2 comments:

John Bellen said...

I would love to get out of my situation, but with my wage, I think I am living about as frugally as possible, at least with five cats to care for.

sallyhicks said...

We have lived nearly half of our life in town and second half in the country. I could never go back to the city. Getting home after a day out oh to breathe that wonderful fresh air. My husband commuted till he retired and in 35 years we have never had a cold, cough or sore throat. Who could ask for more 🤗