Thursday, October 11, 2018

This Is Me - Chrissy Metz

I did actually finish reading this book last week, and at the time I enjoyed reading about Chrissy Metz, the actor who plays daughter Kate Pearson on the hit show This Is Us.  I like the show, and I enjoyed reading her book, although a week later I am struggling to remember a lot about it - although that could be down to my middle aged lady memory.

Most of the book focused on her pretty difficult childhood.  A stepfather that was unsupportive and a mother struggling to bring up her children.  A career where she spent most of her time fighting for jobs for others as an agent, when she was rejected time and time again but still believing in her dream to succeed. 

I was left with the impression of what a nice woman she is, how far she has come and still remains humble.  How by being out and about in her latex dresses and red carpet looks, other girls get to see someone who might look like them.  How being on a hit show - she is not just the joke fat girl - she gets to have real feelings and relationships.  4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I don't watch television anymore, so none of the series or actors are familiar to me. It may be one of the reasons why I feel disconnected with modern entertainment...