Friday, February 15, 2019

Middle Aged lady Movie Night - Rampage

Holy King Kong  my middle aged friends.  I'm already 45 minutes into this CGI monstrosity and I can tell that it is not going to win me over and leave me wanting more.  I do admit to having a soft spot for The Rock - Dwayne Johnson, as he plays a sensitive scientist who cares about his Gorilla George who gets blasted with space rock and turns into a gigantic monster who is going to tear down a city and get chased by helicopters.  Where have we seen this story before?

I am not immune to a bit of fun - I get that this is not meant to be a serious drama, but it is hard to take any of this nonsense seriously, but I guess most of the younger audience won't care about that, they just want the big scenes, the chases and fire.  I see reading the Wikipedia entry that the movie is loosely based on a video game which explains it all really.  So this is a bit of  a Friday fail for me - 2/5.

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I like Johnson, too. He seems a genuinely nice guy in real life, but this film struck me as a sillier version of King Kong. I watched the remarke of "Godzilla" a while ago (the one with Watanabe), and enjoyed that. But I always preferred the King of Monsters to the King of Kong.