Saturday, February 09, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Blackkklansman

After an afternoon wandering round and getting the chores done, I had the tastiest dinner I had had in a while - a chicken taco feast.  The 99c specials are going well, and a week or two ago itunes put this one on special Blackkklansman which I had been meaning to see.  John David Washington plays a Colorado Detective who tries to infiltrate the Klan, but as he is African American he can't meet up with them, so sends his colleague played by Adam Driver in his place.  Based on a true story, it brings all kinds of issues about race into the story and if I didn't know that people like this existed, I would find the story hard to believe.  4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

Is this a comedy or a drama? Or both? It sounds like it should be a comedy but with serious undertones.