Thursday, August 26, 2010

Crazy Heart


Crazy Heart (2009)

Bad Blake is a country singer relegated to filling bowling alleys and bars and living a nomadic life wandering from town to town. When he meets a young reporter and his son, he realises that his hard drinking lifestyle is leading him down a dead end.

Jeff Bridges does a great job, I was impressed with his singing and he felt real as this character. I always like Maggie G, as she too lends a realistic quality that so few Hollywood actresses pocess. I think I much prefer movies where the actors look like real people, and real faces pepper the background, something that US tv shows lack.

I am almost tempted to turn the television off altogether as the programming is apalling. Yet another crappy frat house movie is playing tonight, one which I believe must have been aired three time this year already. Shame on you TVNZ and TV3 - you all suck.

3/5 and roll on the DVDs.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

We watched Susanna & Trinny on C4 I think it was - about British bodies - it was quite funny. Otherwise we are watching Grey's Anatomy on DVD (season 2)- surprisingly the kids & I are still enjoying it. Totally agree nothing on tv. We have sky tv just so we can get channels - looking into free view so we cancel sky as even that has not much on (we only have basic package)

Saw that movie at dvd shop -will wait till it comes in $1.00 rental since you gave it a 3/5

Love Leanne