Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's Complicated


It's Complicated - DVD (2009)

It certainly is complicated. On one hand I loved Meryl Streep, she is so gorgeous and fun and has great hair. Alec Baldwin, is still dishy, in a dad sort of way, and he looks a fun sort of guy if you can ignore the screaming at his daughter tape, that keeps playing in my head everytime I look at him. I love that they left some grey in his temples and didn't Grecian 2000 it out, and let him be a bit pauncy and real. The chemistry between them was great, when they were dancing and out at the bar of the hotel in New York, I loved that, that's the kind of love you want.

Also memorable is Meryls house, job and life - I want it all. I want the kitchen crammed with appliances, lamps and flowers, the cosy bedroom, the swimming pool and oh my goodness, that garden, with the unreal weeding job - freaking awesome!!

The kids - well I think I would have rather had a scruffy little dog and a couple of cats, but that's just me.

It did make me smile, but somehow I felt a bit let down, a bit short changed by the story like I missed he point, or didn't get the joke. Also Steve Martin, I love your work, but buddy you seemed a bit distracted, like you were wondering what happened to you in Shopgirl, you just seemed distant.

Still it beats NZ tv (because NZTV sucks), so a 3/5.

1 comment:

Pia K said...

one of my to-see-with-mum movies. the trailer looked great when it was at the movies, now it's dvd time apparently.

did you enjoy "shopgirl"? i did quite like it, it was unusual, lovely actors but i do see what you mean about steve martin acting in a distracted way.