Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Red Thread - Ann Hood


The Red Thread - Ann Hood (2009)

I had picked this book up on my way out of the library one day, but with a big pile already I returned it to the trolley, but spent the evening thinking about it. So I was glad it was still there when I went back the following week.

We get to meet several American families who are wanting to adopt babies, their stories intertwined with Maya, the main protaginist who runs the Adoption Agency. Her job is to help match families with Chinese orphans. Particularly touching were the stories about these Chinese babies, and how they came to be at the orphanage, each story so sad and tragic.

I could have done with more focus on the Chinese stories, but I must say overall that I enoyed the book, each character had depth and emotion and the author brought it all together in a smooth and readable way. 4/5

No comments: