Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hanging Hill - Mo Hayder











Hanging Hill - Mo Hayder (2011)

So, last time at the library I had to say - Hi - my name is Julie and I have a problem.  You see I have a pile of twenty books now piled on my bedside table and I know I am not going to get all of them read. Which ones to read, and which ones to discard - oh the dilemma.

Mo Hayder is a bit of a sure bet though, her thriller/police stories seem to keep the pace throughout and often you don't know who has done it and it always seems to have a twist to keep you guessing.  In this one, a young girl is found brutally murdered on the riverbank in bath.  Having a connection to Detective Inspector Zoes estranged sister and niece, makes her more involved than she expects.

I'm going to give it a 4/5 because it didn't bomb out in the end and it managed to keep me guessing til the last page.

No comments: