Thursday, October 20, 2011

Madame Tussaud - Michelle Moran

















Madame Tussaud - Michelle Moran (2011)

Let me begin by saying, that I am a huge Michelle Moran fan and have adored her earlier books about Egypt.  So glad that she stayed away from the Tudors and all the queens and kings that have been a bit overdone in most historical fiction, and made her new book about Madame Tussaud.  I didn't know anything other than she must have liked wax, so for me it was all pretty much a revelation about her involvement with Marie Antoinette and the French revolution.

I did admit to being a bit bored by the majority of the political stuff, that may well be why I only got 52% in my history exam at school (it was all about the politics), and somehow the book did feel a bit like the beginning and middle part were a bit drawn out and the final quarter was a bit rushed.  It almost felt like it was going to end, and we would have to wait for the second book as the final two thirds of her life was condensed into one tiny final chapter.

Still it was very readable, and I was drawn in from the first page and I love a book that is easy to get lost it and I eagerly await the next adventure Michelle takes us on.  4/5

No comments: