Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jane Eyre













Jane Eyre - Movie (2011)

I was glad I finally dragged myself down to the movie theatre to see this one, you might know that I loves me a good period drama.  Sometimes sitting in the dark you can absorb yourself in the story, especially when there are only four of you in the cinema on a cloudy morning.

I loved the movie from beginning to end, especially as I hadn't read the story or seen it  for ages, so for me it seemed fresh.  I was impressed by the fashion and makeup that wasn't overdone like so many productions.  The clothes looked like they had been lived in, and the hair and makeup was subtle and looked period appropriate.

The only criticism would be a little bit of a lack of chemistry between Jane and Mr Rochester, no sneaky glances, but that may be a reflection of the times and that our idea of romance has changed. since the 1840s.  How a girl with no love given to her in her first 19 years,  was able to find herself a true love, was shown clearly in this movie, and it made me smile, the story seemed complete.

I guess again, that this is a chick flick, that the men would be bored.  I loved the gloominess of it all, the Gothic look of a dark home lit by candles, with dark lanes and moody moors.  Brilliant.  Therefore for me - it is 5/5 for I know I will watch it over and over.

No comments: