Monday, November 28, 2011

Let Me In
















Let Me In - DVD (2010)

I'm feeling guilty that I needed a wee blogging break, and now have lots to catch up on.  I did see this movie two weeks ago, and have only got around to posting about it now.  I don't think that anyone is reading the blog anyways.

So, this is the story of a young bullied teenager who realises that there are strange happenings going on around his apartment complex, and he realises that it maybe something to do with the girl who moved in next door.  I liked that the movie focused on the kids, with only a little adult input and that it took quite a while to actually figure out what was happening, rather than being the usual predictable bable.

I did have to tell my 13 year old nephew that he may have to come outside with me to put the rubbish out, and at one stage I wasn't sure I wanted to sleep alone, he might have to camp on the floor of my room.  But I was ok, by the end I wasn't scared anymore.  Wouldn't be good for my besties though, cos they are screamers when there is any horror movie on.  4/5 - just because it is more memorable than most I have seen all year.

2 comments:

Pia K said...

this is the american remake of the award-winning swedish movie (based on the book by one of my favourite weiters john ajvide lindqvist) "let the right one in". i have no idea why they HAD to do a remake, americans ALWAYS seem to do that, it's annoying (to say the least). perhaps this is a good remake, even if completely unnecessary since the original movie is great (even if americans would have to read subtitles, i'm sure that would be good for them for a change). setting a very special tone and of course capturing the feeling of the book perfectly.

yes, this is a topic i care a lot about, the nuiscance of remakes - like now "the girl with the dragon tattoo"...jeez.

anyway, you should read some of john ajvide lindqvist's books, i think all of them have been translated (5 of them so far). yes they're horror stories, but beautifully and caringly written.

Sushi said...

I read yr blog :) Seen the swedish one and it was fantastic, not a big fan of horror movies, especially now i'm pregnant.